Saturday, October 28, 2017

California Cobb Salad Bento

This bento has a sunny California theme. It is based on my personal recipe for Cobb Salad.

Contents:

Cobb Salad: This salad is made from lettuce (preferably romaine, but I'll use any that I get a deal on), grilled chicken strips, sliced mushrooms, sliced avocado, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers and a sliced hard boiled egg.

Mini Container Ranch Dressing: This was the only item that didn't fit in the box.

Small Container Crackers

Clementine: I got a bag of tiny mandarins at Aldi, so I included two of them.

Mini Container Orange Chocolates: I was aiming for something made with dark chocolate and orange, like maybe chocolate-covered orange peels, but I couldn't find anything like that. The closest I found was Brookside Blood Orange & Peach Chocolates, which are in the bottom of the box, under the mandarins.

UPDATE: At the 42nd & Grover Mega-Saver, which I've officially awarded the title of Most Interesting Convenience Store in Omaha, I found a box of Mella Dark Chocolate Covered Orange Jelly Chocolates, which I can't wait to try the next time I do this bento.

No comments:

Post a Comment