Friday, November 17, 2017

French Dip Bento

This bento has a slightly French theme (yes, I know that a French Dip Sandwich is not really French; that's why I said "slightly").

Contents

French Dip Sandwich: This is deli roast beef with horseradish cream sauce on a whole wheat mini bagel spread with mayonnaise. These are small, so I usually include two.

Mini Container Beef Consomme: From a can. For dipping the sandwich in; that's why they call it a "dip" (stop that snickering!).

Medium Container Steamed Green Beans in Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing: Steam the green beans for about 10 minutes. Here's the recipe for the vinaigrette dressing.

Small Container Baby Carrots

Mini Container Dijonnaise: That's just Dijon mustard and mayonnaise mixed together, for you puzzled Brits. For dipping the carrots in.

Brie Wedge

Cornichon: That's a French word for "kosher dill gherkin".

Small Container Grapes: AKA raw wine, for you raw-food fanatics.

Gingerbread Muffin: I ended up not liking this as much as I thought I would, so in future, I'm replacing it with a French pastry from the Most Interesting Convenience Store in Omaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment