Monday, March 5, 2018

Garden Veggie Bento

This bento has a fresh veggies from the garden theme.

Contents:

Chicken Salad Sandwich on a Whole Wheat Sandwich Flat: I like to make my chicken salad with a can of chunk white chicken, diced celery, chopped walnuts, mayonnaise, and dijon mustard.

Spinach, Bacon & Egg Salad: This is similar to a salad I remember my mom making in the summertime. I fry 2 strips of bacon and boil one egg. I make the salad from fresh spinach, sliced mushrooms, sliced hardboiled egg, and crumbled bacon. I make the dressing by adding a little cider vinegar, a little sugar, and a little pepper to the leftover bacon grease. This goes on the salad and wilts the spinach.

Sliced Tomato Salad: This is my own take on a salad I like to have at Wheatfields. It's sliced tomatoes topped with shredded Swiss cheese, chopped fresh chives, sweet onion dressing, and sunflower seeds. Unfortunately, the picture here doesn't do it justice. It's really a lot better than it looks, folks.

Small Container Assorted Garden Veggies for Dipping: This includes scallions, radishes, baby carrots, and red bell pepper strips. This brings back memories of my dad's garden, where radishes and scallions were always the first to be harvested.

Mini Container Dill Veggie Dip: Or whatever dip I can get a deal on. In the picture, it's French Onion.

Small Container Strawberry Shortcake: This is a mini confetti cake from Walmart (only 50¢!) topped with glazed strawberries (slice some strawberries in a bowl, add sugar, and let them sit in the fridge for about an hour or so, stirring occasionally--this results in a glaze forming on the strawberries) and aerosol whipped cream. I've discovered that the whipped cream does not travel well, so now I just bring the can with me in my lunch bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment